Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chalkboard Math Clock

I have been wanting a clock for the school room for quite some time.  Then a few months ago I saw THIS ONE in a museum gift shop.  I really, really loved it!  But, it was around $40.00 and I thought the math problems might confuse my littles since they were pretty advanced.  So I decided that if we made our own we could even change the math problems every once in awhile.

Here is what we came up with...

This is what we used to make ours...

The lid from a round box, clock kit and chalkboard paint.

The kids had fun painting it.  (Make sure to follow all the directions on the container.)

And then my husband found the middle and poked a hole in the middle for me with a nail.  I used a pencil to make the hole big enough to fit the clock works through.  Then all we had to do was figure out what math problems we wanted to write on with chalk.

The kids love it and it looks really cute on the wall in our school room! (Oh, and our total cost was $15.00!)

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin