My new plan for 9-11 Girls Book Club is to read classic books that have been made into movies. I am calling it:
From the Page to the Stage!
The books I have chosen are:
- Sept. - Pollyanna (1913) Eleanor H. Porter
- Oct. - The Story of Dr. Doolittle (1920) Hugh Lofting
- January - Gladys Aylward (1930) Janet and Geoff Benge
- Feb - Mr. Poppers Penguins (1938) Richard and Florence Atwater
- March - Charlotte’s Web (1952) E.B. White
- April - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964) Roald Dahl
- May - Nims Island (1994) Wendy Orr
Lot's and lot's of ideas! I am jazzed about the new plan, even though I am bummed that we are not studying Missionaries. My daughter and I will still be reading a few of the others that I had already bought.