Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Here I Am!

Well, you found me! It's been months since I last posted. I have spent a lot of time over the last few weeks trying to get my old blog back the way I wanted it. After a lot of effort, and little result I have decided it's time to stop worrying about the past and just blog into the future! So, I am starting this new blog! What I have learned over the last few months is that I NEED TO WRITE. I process things through the tips of my fingers. I guess I have always known this, but this recent unplanned blog break has made me realize I am a happier, more satisfied person when I write. So instead of worrying about what was, I am going to trudge forward. The old blog is still there (for now) even though there are many missing pictures and broken links. Hopefully it will remain there and maybe someday I will figure out a way to merge this blog with that one. But, enough on that! LOL

Summer flew by in a FLASH! The kids and I got passes to a local water park this Summer and we had a BLAST! I have never swam so much in one Summer in my life! Here is what the kids looked like for the bulk of the Summer!

In May my oldest son had a wonderful opportunity to be part of a group of kids who got to put together a night of youth group for the other kids. They did it all from top to bottom! Worship, games, the message, etc. My son was one of 3 kids who gave the Bible message that night. It was awesome! Here he is presenting God's Word to his peers. (And a few parents.)

I can't tell you what a wonderful experience this was for me! To see my son prepping and studying God's Word in order to teach others is about the best thing I could ever ask for! To see him push himself out of his comfort zone to serve God...It was just amazing! Seeing my son becoming the person I have always known he could be is too much for words! HERE is his blog post about the message he presented. It's very good! (My boy can write!) I would love for you to click over and read it!

Another HUGE blessing this Summer was that all 3 of my kids were baptized! My oldest accepted Christ when he was 3 and we decided to wait until he was older to have him baptized. We didn't mean to wait this long though! He was signed up for a baptism class when we left California, then in Las Vegas we just never felt connected enough with a church to do it. Meanwhile my daughter accepted Christ at age 6 and my youngest accepted Christ last school year. It turned out to be a great blessing to be able to have them all baptized together. We made a BIG day of it with a party after and everything! Here they are about ready to be baptized...

This is a favorite picture from the day. The Pastor was about to pray for them and my youngest asked if he could pray for everyone instead. It was a wonderful moment! I couldn't resist snapping a picture!
The other BIG news of the Summer is that my oldest turned SIXTEEN! YIKES, I don't know how it happened! He is growing up waaaaaayyyy too fast! He's not driving yet because even though I bought Driver's Ed In A Box over a year ago, we have never opened the box! LOL So that is going to be part of school in the coming weeks.

Well, I am looking forward to getting back to blogging on a regular basis.

I hope you had a GREAT SUMMER!

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin

P.S. BTW, I am LOVING my new job of posting Facebook and Twitter updates for Trigger Memory Systems! If you haven't already please head over and become friends with Trigger Memory System! I am sharing 2 to 3 freebies daily you can use in your homeschooling!