Monday, September 20, 2010

American Girl Club - Rebecca - Week 2

For week 2 of Rebecca we painted Russian Nesting Dolls!

 

These are just like the dolls that Rebecca plays with in the books!  I ordered these HERE.  YES, they were expensive!  (But, they did give me an educators discount when I called and asked for one.) By the time I paid for the dolls, paint and brushes I used over half my budget for the 6 weeks on this one craft!  But, the girls LOVED them and that's what it's all about! :^)

We also made little flags for the girls to wave.  (You can see one in the last picture above.)  This went along with the story where Ana, the cousin of Rebecca was coming to America!  (I got those on clearance after July 4th, so they were super cheap!) The girls also each memorized a patriotic poem and recited it for the rest of the girls.  American Girl Club is a great place to get in some public speaking! (This also went along with the story in book 2.)

For snack we had bagels.

It was another great night of American Girl Club!

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin