Our first class of this year was about air pressure.
Here is what we learned:
- Air pressure is created by the Earth's atmosphere
- Even though we don't feel air pressure, it is all around us
- When air is heated, the molecules spread out, and become lighter, which makes it easier for them to rise.
- We learned about Bernoulli's principle, which states that faster moving air exerts lower pressure.
- We had air pressure races balancing ping pong balls using air dryers
And here are the Preschoolers who are learning about sound. The mom's are clapping out a rhythm and the little ones repeat it back.
With all the students, preschoolers, mom's and little siblings we have about 80 people in the building! It's going to be a fun and BUSY year!