Saturday, October 2, 2010

Crazy Quilt Purse

I am soooooo in the mood to for CHRISTMAS!  I don't know why?  My kids have actually taken to calling my "Scrooge" the last few years because I just haven't able to get my heart into Christmas.  (Let's face it Christmas is A LOT of work for a mom!)  Maybe it's the fact that we finally are not in the middle of moving, maybe it's because the kids are a bit bigger.  I don't know the reasons, but this year I am already excited about Christmas! 

So I have started working on making some gifts......

Here is one of my creations that I actually am giving away as a birthday present...So I can show it to you....


Cute?  I LOVE IT!  As a matter of fact I want to make one for myself and I rarely ever end up keeping anything I make.  The great thing about this project is I can use up a lot of scraps of both fabric and trims.  Maybe I like it so much because it is made from all fabrics I already love.  I am hoping to make several more for Christmas gifts.  (I have lot's of toile scraps that are looking for a home!) I know I would be happy to find one of these under my tree!'

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin

Here are some basic instructions for how to crazy quilt.