Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Black, White and Pink Quilt

So American Girl Club got canceled this week because of a BIG storm.  It was a bummer...but, I decided to make the best of it!  I have been designing this quilt in my head for a few months now.  A friend is adopting a little girl from Ethiopia and the nursery is all black and white.  (It's ADORABLE!)  I have never made a black and white quilt before.  So I have been really, really excited about it!  Meanwhile another friend gave me a HUGE box of quilt fabric this weekend.  All of the fabric for this quilt was in the box....so I with a few hours on my hands and fabric just asking to be cut into....I present....My latest creation!


I LOVE IT!  I saw the rickrack on some quilts at the quilt store awhile back and immediately knew I needed to incorporate it into this quilt.  I hope she doesn't mind that I added some pink.  Every little girl needs some pink!  But, this is not really for the nursery anyway.  This is more of a throw on the floor or over the car seat type of quilt. 

If you need a quick and fun quilt, this is it!

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin