Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cub Scouts

So, I was looking over my recent post the other day and I realized...there are a whole-lotta posts about my daughter!  LOL  It's not that we are not doing things with the boys.  We are for sure.  And one of the things we are doing with our youngest this year is Cub Scouts!

Cub Scouts is something all new for me!  I have to tell you it's not something I ever really thought about or checked into.  My oldest son has always been the more cerebral "indoor" type and I just never thought about Cub Scouts for him.  Our youngest however is the quintessential little boy.  He likes bugs, dirt, sweat and especially loves anything that combines the three!  So at the end of last Summer my husband announced that we were signing the little man up for Cub Scouts.

Being the naive newbie to Scouts that I am I thought..."This is perfect.  Something for him and his daddy to do together that doesn't involve me."  (Stop laughing!)  What my husband found when he went to sign our little guy up was that there was no Den Leader.  So guess who signed up to be the Den Leader?  MY HUSBAND!  I was still naively fine with this.....Then reality set in.  My husband wanted me to help him.  He has done a GREAT job, but there are just a lot of things that are out of his comfort zone.  (Like coming up with crafts and shopping for all the supplies.)

So being the Den Leader has pretty much become a shared job.  And you know what?  It's been a LOT of fun!  (Even though we have butted heads a few times trying to figure out who should do what!) We are just about to finish up his first year.  Our little man LOVED being a Tiger and can hardly wait to be promoted!  My husband and I still have a lot to learn.  Next year I am going to be the official Assistant Den Leader.  Why not?  LOL  So hopefully as we go along I will be posting about some of our adventures.  This Summer we are hoping to do a lot of planning and prepping to make next year easier.  (I am all about getting things ready over the Summer for the next school year.)  And of course we have Summer Camp (Which my daughter can come to as a tag-along since my husband and I are both volunteering.) and we have family camp outs planned too for the Summer.

It's all a new adventure.  Just as we are wrapping up American Girl Club we will be winding up Cub Scouts.
It's going to be an adventure!

Happy Homeschooling,

Jamin